Monday, November 3, 2008

Water

I remember as a kid I loved the water. I could play in it for hours. And I never ever noticed, or cared, how warm or cold the water was. We would fill balloons with water and chuck then at each other. Flop around in a baby pool in the backyard. Jump into a spring fed pool that was always under 70 degrees and not care if it were a cool May or hot August day. I cannot say that anymore now that I am an adult. When did this happen? I remember liking the water still in my early 20's, and I am an adult at that point. So at what moment to we turn into an adult and care if we get wet or what the water temperature is? And is there any reverse so I do not care about it anymore? I would love to be able to flop in the water like my kids do.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's when you become responsible for all the laundry that flopping in the water can generate.